These are the side effects of Botox (Botulinum Toxin = a neurotoxin!) use:
- Tingling (pins and needles) in the forehead, arms and legs
- Anxiety, depression
- Sharp pain behind the eyes
- Dry eyes
- Dry mouth, mouth ulcers
- Vision disturbance, eyes strained when focusing on the computer for longer period of time.
- Facial indentation, deformation
- Sinus problems, infections
- Memory problems
- Sleep disturbance
- Bladder issues: difficulty retaining urine
- Problems swallowing, lack of appetite, acid reflux
- Neuralgia: nerve pain
- Muscle pain, weakness, stiffness
- Joint pain
- Tachycardia: elevated heart rate
- Heart palpitations
In my experience, reducing inflammation through diet, does not help relieving these symptoms. These women are usually referred to a number of experts to find out the cause of their disease. They are also referred to psychologist, thinking that their pain is caused by too much stress. The results from these various treatments are marginal. Sometimes, when nerve pain remains unbearable, these patients are advised to get more Botox, which obviously does not solve the problems over long-term.
Fore more, read these stories on this Support Forum.
You can also read the Warning from the manufacturer itself: Allergan.